Bookings and Fees
- Bookings are made on acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as outlined here.
- Courses may only be booked and paid for by persons aged 18 and over.
- Fees must be paid in full at the time of booking along with any additional bank charges incurred by Languages Now.
- Fees for examinations are not included in course prices unless stated.
Courses, lessons and teaching
- We endeavour to place students in the most appropriate course, taking into account their language level, needs and course availability.
- Where necessary, students will be given a free language level test prior to their course.
- If a course is unsuitable for any reason (such as language level), an alternative will be provided, subject to availability and the agreement of all parties.
- All Languages Now teachers are recognised professionals, certified to teach English.
- Teacher observations are a part of continuous teacher development and the academic management reserve the right to observe a lesson for this purpose at any time.
- The academic management reserve the right to organise and deliver courses in the most appropriate way.
- The academic management reserve the right to alter courses, lessons or teachers at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that prior to lessons they have downloaded and can use the Zoom platform.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that their technical equipment is appropriate for online lessons, in particular internet strength, webcam and microphone.
- In the event of lesson failure due to school technical issues, an alternative will be provided.
- The school accepts no responsibility and offers no recompense for students’ technological issues.
- Students with any issues or concerns with a course, lessons or teaching should discuss the issue with their teacher in the first instance.
- Complaints should be notified as soon as possible to either the Academic Director or General Manager.
Code of Conduct
- Bullying, harassment, victimisation and discrimination in any form are not tolerated.
- Students are expected to respect their teacher and fellow students and to act in a way appropriate to an educational learning environment.
- Students’ lesson space must be conducive to an online learning environment (e.g. free from interruptions).
- Failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct may result in dismissal from the course.
Cancellations and Refunds
- If a course is cancelled by the student more than 24 hours before the start date, the administration fee is still payable.
- If a course is cancelled by the student less than 24 hours before the start date or during the course, there is no refund.
- Lessons cancelled more than 24 hours before the start time may be rearranged providing an alternative is possible.
- Lessons cancelled less than 24 hours before the start time will not be compensated.
- Refunds are given in exceptional circumstances only and at the discretion of the school.
- Refunds are not given for dismissal (see Code of Conduct).
- Languages Now act in full accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.